Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

Siblings of children with special needs

Posted on Thu, Sep 27, 2012

When I was listening to the Talk of the Nation’s recent conversation about siblings with special needs, I naturally thought of Peyton and Colin. Of course, questions started circling.

Read More

Tags: special needs, inspiration, Autism

An Inspirational Moment

Posted on Fri, Sep 21, 2012

What’s an inspirational moment? To me, it’s having an idea that was planted by the Holy Spirit. It could be something simple or grand but it’s an idea to be acted upon and shared with someone else.  Sharing an act of kindness so they can feel and see God’s love too. And when you find yourself taking that leap of faith to make a difference in someone’s life — an inspirational moment occurs!

Read More

Daddy Look! A worm! I got a worm!

Posted on Tue, Sep 18, 2012

During the summer months, my husband will quite frequently take all three boys fishing on his 16 ft. boat. And quite honestly, I don’t know how he does it. Talk about extreme patience! One day I was brave enough to join them and I just watched as he was constantly changing lures, untangling lines, playing referee between our oldest Peyton and our youngest Colin, and making sure Dillon stays in the boat. It’s actually very entertaining.

Read More

Tags: special needs, Autism, Dillon

How can you be happy all the time?

Posted on Wed, Sep 12, 2012

“You always have a smile on your face!” or “How can you be happy all the time?” are questions that I sometimes get asked. And honestly, I really never knew how to respond because I am really NOT happy all the time. There are only a few days were I feel good or am truly happy; however, I do feel very joyful and I can experience joy in every life situation.

Read More