Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

There is light...

Posted on Wed, Feb 12, 2014
So tonight we attended the simplified Jesus Cares service at Calvary... It was amazing.. Dillon sang while walking up and down the aisles... A record 54 adults with developmental disabilities attended and it was truly heartwarming to see. I had a moment when I looked around at everyone and it brought me to tears. Two years ago when Calvary opened their doors to these beautiful individuals they didn't sing, didn't shake their instruments, some didn't even look up... Now, they are singing, saying the Lord's prayer, and asking the pastor to pray for them. "K" asked if God could help him find a job, "J" asked if God could keep everyone warm, and "S" asked for comfort because he misses his mom. "S" is 70 years old maybe? I wonder how long it's been... My heart hurt... And then I started to think of all the people that I have met over the years that have opened their doors...opened their hearts...opened their lives to show me, Dillon, my hubby, my boys, this community, this world, that there is light in the midst of darkness, love does conquer fear, and that there is hope in a broken world. I'm glad I went tonight...I needed to see.
Read More