Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

A Moment to behold...

Posted on Wed, Jan 22, 2014

Yesterday, Dillon's Occupational Therapist shared with me a moment that he said was a moment to behold.  He was eating in the cafeteria with some of his students and Dillon came over from the other side of the room to sit next to them.  He sat down next to a boy that was struggling to open his containers of food and Dillon immediately started to help him.  He opened them up and he placed them right in front of the boy. He then encouraged the boy to eat with his smile. My heart just squeezed with emotion when he shared this with me. I was so proud of him.

It was only a couple of days ago when a friend reminded me that Dillon is not alone at school and that God is with him and is working in him for his purpose. She was right!  He showed Dillon the need to help and he acted on it without hesitations.  Dillon didn't ask himself, "What do I say? What exactly should I do? How should I approach this boy?"  Questions that sometimes hold me back from filling a need when I see it.  He saw it, acted on it, and filled it.

Yep, definitely a moment to behold, a moment to learn from, and a moment to thank God for.

Proud mom..