Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

You are never alone!

Posted on Wed, Feb 20, 2013

Do you feel lonely? Do you sometimes feel unnecessary, unwanted, unworthy, and not loved? Do you feel that no one understands you or even cares about what you are going through?

There is not a day that goes by that I don’t experience loneliness. I know stress, lack of sleep, and past experiences have a lot to do with how I feel on a daily basis, so I have to remind myself over and over again that I am not alone. Loneliness is a common fact, but also a crippling force. It can be damaging to one’s soul.

Well, let me share with you WHO the answer to loneliness is….Jesus alone!

I know some of you might be thinking that you need someone in human form, physically standing next you or on the other end of a phone. At one point I felt that way too. But He is here and he is so very real! Jesus understands your loneliness because he felt it too. He suffered alone for you. He felt rejected, fear, shame, unloved, not wanted, and not understood by those closest to him. Not only does he know how you feel, he also understands how you feel. He gets it!

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1b

Jesus knows you… wants you… and needs you and through Jesus Christ you have significance. You are not just a number in his eyes. He knows you by name and wants you to know that you were fearfully and wonderfully made and that he loves you so much. He cares about you! And he wants you to know that you are never alone.

And I want you to know that I care about you too and that you don’t have to walk through this life alone. We all have a huge network of support and we can either build up walls or come together in Christ to encourage, love, and support one another.

Let’s walk this journey together,
Jackie

Tags: special needs, Autism