Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

What is God’s plan for you in 2013?

Posted on Mon, Dec 31, 2012

When I look at the ugly truth about my own sinful nature and insecurities, I can become very depressed and discouraged. I then feel like I’m failing as a mom, wife, friend and co-worker. There are days when I look ahead at the tasks in front of me and I ask myself, “How am I going to get through that?” or “What if I say or do the wrong things?” or “Life is going to get more difficult so how am I going to deal with it?” Those days are pretty hard to get through and I just want to climb into bed and go to sleep. Looking back, that’s probably what I should have done.

Truth is that the battle is already won! I need to cut myself some slack, challenge my thinking, and to keep focused on what God’s will is for my life right now and do it.

Truth is I need to have confidence in God and not in myself. When I start to feel like I can’t do something I need to shift my thinking to, “If this is God’s will for my life than he will give me the strength, support, and the words that I need when I need them.”

Truth is that I need to remove clutter from my life. The senseless clutter that occupies both my time and energy that keep me from spending time with God, taking care of my physical health, and resting so my emotions don’t get the best of me. I have always felt that if you take care of your spiritual, emotional, and physical needs you are more capable of serving those you love.

As Christians we are to live victoriously! Ask for God’s help, seek him in his word, and knock on those doors and if it’s God’s will they will open! Don’t settle for less than God’s best for your life. And no matter where you are in your walk in life; be kind to yourself. Take care of the blessings that you have and witness to others; giving hope to many that need it. Love each other!!

God has a plan for you in 2013 and its victory!

Jackie

Tags: fellowship, WELS, inspiration