Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

Dear Dillon

Posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2012

Dear Dillon,

I watched you get on the bus this morning and just before the bus driver closed the door you looked back, smiled, and waved to me. That simple gesture warmed my heart and I will never take that for granted. You were only three years old when you started to ride the school bus. And every day I would stand in the driveway looking at you sitting in your seat with a smile on your face and hoping you would turn your head and look out the window to see me. You are now 11 years old and finally looking back.

I am so thankful that you have come this far and for everyone in your life that continues to help you grow even further. We have a lot to be thankful for and it’s moments like today that help me stay focused on what really matters in life. There is a lot going on in the world today that can bring fear and worries into our lives and if we’re not careful we can lose focus and miss out on the little things that bring joy to our hearts. We need to continue to ask for God’s help to keep focused on His promises and to trust that He will never leave us and that He will always take care of us. No matter what!

Thank you for looking back at me today…..It’s just what I needed.

Love you,
Mom

Tags: special needs, Autism, Dillon