Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

Jesus Cares? Jesus Cares?

Posted on Tue, Jun 11, 2013

Dear Dillon,

For over a month now, you have been requesting over and over again to attend a Jesus Cares service. You kept saying, “Jesus Cares? Jesus Cares?”

Well, last night you and I attended the Worship at the Cross service at Calvary Lutheran in Sheboygan. You ran so fast into church that you almost ran over your buddy Steve! You greeted him with your gorgeous smile and said, “Hi Steve!” You surprised him because it was the first time you called him by his name. Then you saw Pastor Kuske and you waved to him saying, “Hi Pastor Cookie!” It was so cute!

Your curiosity immediately got the best of you because you sprinted over to the room where the snack table was set up and you peeked inside to receive visual reassurance that one was waiting for you after the service. You found your seat behind the glass windows that keep the sounds and singing inside that room. We could still hear Pastor Kuske speak and we could see the two huge screens on the walls with the service and pictures on them to follow. It was just right for us.

There were several moments during the service that you responded to Pastor with little comments that just made my heart smile. When he said, “Jesus loves you so much!”, you said “Loves me Pastor? And Slinky, Pastor?”

Then there was a great moment when you were talking about Jesus and I just had to capture it on my phone. But as soon as you realized I was recording you, you ducked. It was so cute. Everyone was so happy to see you and they are always so welcoming. We have such a wonderful Jesus Cares family in Sheboygan and I am so thankful for them.

Love you sooooo much,
Mom

Tags: special needs, Autism, Dillon