Ask Jackie: Unexpected Blessings

Time

Posted on Wed, Jun 26, 2013

Lately, it seems there are two days that have been killing my joy and consuming my time…Yesterday and Tomorrow.

I try to start each day with a positive attitude only to have it squashed with the load of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow. My mind will become full of thoughts of regrets of what I didn’t do or did do as a wife, mother, friend and co-worker from yesterday. The fear of failure, worries about my kids, and financial difficulties that may come tomorrow will fill my heart with worry. It is very difficult to live in the present day when I’m living in another one that has past or hasn’t even arrived yet. This is not a healthy way to live and it’s also not the way God wants me to live. Did I stress the word “not” enough?

“Yesterday is only a dream, tomorrow is but a vision, yet each day lived well makes yesterday a dream of happiness and tomorrow a vision of hope.”

There are two precious gifts that God gave us…Jesus and Time. God gave His only Son, Jesus, to us because he loves and values us and wants us to be with him. Jesus gave his life for us so that we do not have to live in the past sins of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We need to confess them, forget them, and move on. He also gave us time. Time is life! There is a time to laugh, cry, serve, rest, worship, mourn, work, love and have fun. Time is precious! We are not to waste it, not even a second of it. Time is a gift! If God did not have a plan and a purpose for us, we would NOT be here.

So if I have been given the gift of today,  I will start it by spending some quiet time with him before I start.  I will keep my eyes open to what he wants me to see and my heart open to what he wants me to hear.  Keeping in mind that every day is a precious gift. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is just another day on a calendar.  He gave me enough time to do the things I need to do so I just need to do it.  And then learn to forgive myself when I fail, to let go and move on.  It’s a beautiful struggle that I know I’m not struggling alone. How are you going to spend your time that was given to you today? 

“To be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:23-24

Jackie

Tags: inspiration