2011 News Stories

Why I Enjoy Working at The Lutheran Home: River Falls

Posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2011

Marion Bourn, The Lutheran Home River FallsMarion Bourn, who works at The Lutheran Home: River Falls, recently shared why she likes working here: 

I am originally from Germany. I came to the United States in 1971. My former husband, who was from River Falls, was stationed in Germany with the U.S. Navy. I have 2 children and 6 grandchildren and have been married to my husband, Ken, for 20 years.

What do you do at TLHA (The Lutheran Home Association)?

I am a Nursing Assistant at The Lutheran Home: River Falls. When I first started working here, I worked in housekeeping for two years before becoming a Nursing Assistant.

Why did you choose TLHA?

I heard good tings about TLHA. I enjoy and respect the staff here. On September 29, 2011, Marion will have worked for TLHA for 28 years!

What has been your fondest moment since you joined TLHA?

The residents. I still care for a resident that has been here since I first started working here.

What do you enjoy most about working at TLHA?

I enjoy working with staff members and having fun with the residents. We all get along well. I think I’m the longest-term employee at The Lutheran Home Campus in River Falls. This is true!

What advice would you give to someone who is interested in working in this field?

Be very nice to co-workers and residents and respect their wishes. The residents are the reason I’ve stayed here so long. I love it here.

Tags: TLHA, senior living, developmental disabilities, River Falls